Saturday, June 19, 2010

Erroneous!

Happy Weekend to you all! I slept for ages last night and it felt glorious! When I finally did roll out of bed and get a cuppa coffee in me, I decided to re-create on of my favorite runs from a couple of weeks ago. I start out by taking the dogs with me on a lovely 3.3 mile loop that brings us back to the house. Once I'm there, I tie up the dogs and make sure they have water, and then run 2 more miles (as per my precious) at a faster, dog-free pace.

Well, I don't know what happened today, but it was not good. The last time I did this, my last 2 miles were at a 7:41 pace. Today, it was more like a 9:01 pace. Now, usually I can accept when I'm having a bad day, but I didn't feel like I was running that slow! Especially since I was running at about a 8:30 pace when I was with the dogs, and stopping for them to do their business, and untangling them, and pulling them around.

To better illustrate my plight, I took screen shots of my workouts from the Nike+ website where I uploaded them to.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


Ok, ok...now apart from my really, really poor ability to keep a steady pace, I just don't think that I ran slower during the 2nd run. GAHHHH!! The really, really depressing thing is that I have no reason to believe my precious is wrong. :(

What an upsetting thing! I will recalibrate the Nike+ sensor this week just to be sure, but I'm afraid I'm just still paying the price for all my fun last week. Serves me right! (But I still don't think I was running that slow! And I'm sticking to that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment