Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Weekly Weigh-In & Why God Loves Us and Wants Us to Be Happy

I am convinced that, had carbonation been around 2,000 years ago, Jesus' first miracle would have been turning water to champagne instead of wine. Now, wine is fine - better than fine, it's marvelous! But, nothing is as celebratory as a glass of bubbly.

Fact: there are approximately 58 million bubbles in every bottle of champagne.

That's a lot of bubbly happiness! And I needed some happiness today. Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I was in a foul, wretched mood this morning when I woke up. Between dogs keeping me up all night, not running all week and not running this morning (I can't even blog about running today, because I haven't hardly all week!), it being my anniversary and not having a hubby to celebrate it with or for that matter, be amicable with, to tell you the truth - it was craptastic.

Plus...the scale scowled and sneered at me this morning - 141.0. GAAAAHHH! That's a gain of almost a pound! That means I've only lost 4 lbs in the past 2ish months. FML. I am officially in a training funk. I wanted to curl up with a gallon of Ben & Jerry's and order a pizza and cry.

But then, some things happened and turned my frown upside down. Consider the following:

-Darling MuM telling me not to worry about not running my 12 miler today. As a 5-time marathon vet, she assured me that today holds absolutely NO bearing on what's going to go down on Dec. 12.

-Triple, Grande, Non-Fat, Vanilla Latte from Starbucks

-My weekly dose of church, where I chatted with my gal Desiree and she asked me if I would like some company while I sit around feeling sorry for myself on the beach all day. Of course, I said yes!

-Chandon Blanc de Noir on the beach

*Sighs contentedly* I am MUCH better now. So much better since there is another bottle of bubbly with my name on it chilling on my lanai right now. And hookah. Bad for the lungs and the training, good for the soul!

So, in the end, my day has made a complete u-turn and I'm so thankful for friends, family, champagne, hookah, the beach, sunflowers, and that grumpy guy I married (for the 2nd time!) last year today. The odds that he'll ever read this are slim to none, but just in case:

Happy Anniversary Billy Haas. I really do love and miss you. Keep being safe and come home to me soon. Drinking champagne with you is still better than drinking champagne with anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. A perfect example of making lemonade out of lemons. And without doubt you needed such a day worse than you needed to run ten + miles.

    Happy anniversary...AGAIN! Billy's a very very very fortunate man :)

    ReplyDelete