Friday, July 16, 2010

Some Random Mind Ramblings

Compression Socks
Never been on my radar before. Last week, though, I got the latest issue of Runner's World in the mail and there was a whole article on them and reviews and everything. They're being heralded as miraculous woven pieces of amazingness that have descended from heaven. They supposedly aid in recover time, make you run faster, cure all the aches and pains in your feet, and fix all your cirulation problems. I'm not lying. Evidently, these are miracle socks. And at around $50 a pair, they darn well better be.

I'm considering investing in a pair of these wonder socks, becasue as always, I'm skeptical and would like to do my own trial. I suppose $50 to solve all my running problems is a bargain, but on the other hand, if the socks don't live up to the hype, then it's a whole lotta wasted mulah. It's not like I can return sweaty, used running socks!



Anyone out there ever used these? (Besides any diabetics or pilots that may be reading this) Has anyone heard any other miracles that they can perform? Let me know because my interest is piqued...

Night Sweats
Get your mind out of the gutter, kids. I have an issue. Several times in the last couple weeks I have woken up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched in sweat. Like, soak through my t-shirt and saturate the sheets. Gross, right? I know. Other oddities: it's not hot in my room (in fact, it's the coolest room in the house), and I haven't been sick so it's not like I'm feverish or anything. What on earth does this mean? Is there something wrong with me? Am I normal? Does this have anything to do with my increased consumption of H2O due to my increased mileage? Gah. Maybe this is TMI for my loyal little readership, but if any of you have an insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

That's all I got for now. I was going to keep going and keep rambling, but I really just want to go eat lunch. So, lovely readership until we meet again...

3 comments:

  1. 226 causes of night sweats (thank me later)

    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/night_sweats/causes.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the compression sock article and said Hmmmmm as well. Tell you what, if you buy a pair and they aren't miraculous I'll give you $25 for the trial. Then you can go buy a couple pairs of smartwool running socks which ARE miraculous.

    PS Your night sweats are sympathy sweats for your almost 25 again mUm who is having major hot flashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah's link made me laugh. :-) If you weren't worried before, I'm sure you are after reading that!

    ReplyDelete